Provide control over cues using keyboard and MIDI.
How to use¶
Settings are provided per cue, and are accessible through a specific tab in the cue settings window:
- Key: the key (character) that trigger the cue
- Action: the action to be executed when the key is pressed (Start/Stop/…)
New keys can be added/removed using the buttons at the table bottom. A key can be any single character that the keyboard is able to insert, so special keys are excluded, Upper/lower cases are considered, so “A” is not the same of “a”. In general, what is taken in account, it’s not the pressed key, but the typed character.
- Type: The message type (only note_on/off)
- Channel: MIDI message “channel”
- Note: MIDI message “note”
- Action: Action to execute when a matching message is received
- The MIDI Note “velocity” is ignored
New MIDI messages can be added/removed manually using the provided buttons, or can be captured directly from the device, when doing so, a filter is provided to select the type of messages to be captured.
The used MIDI device can be changed in the application settings
File > Preferences > MIDI Settings