ReplayGain & Normalization¶
This module provide a simple utility to calculate a Normalized / ReplayGain
volume for media cues. The values are used as Normalized Volume for the
media-element, if a ReplayGain value is already stored in the media-file metadata
(e.g ID3 tags) it will be used.
The original files are left untouched.
How to use¶
Tools > ReplayGain / Normalization menu the following options are provided:
- Calculate: Open a dialog to set some option and start the calculation
- Reset all: Reset to 0dB the normalized volumes of all cues
- Reset selected: Reset to 0dB the normalized volumes, only for the selected cues
- ReplayGain: Use ReplayGain normalization using the reference value in dB SPL (89 is the standard default)
- Normalize: Use a simple normalization to the reference value in dB (0 is the maximum value)
- Only selected cues: apply only to the currently selected cues
- Thread number: Number of concurrent/parallel calculations (default to the cup cores)
that the process may require some time, depending on the CPU, the number and size of the files involved.